Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Suggestions Please

OK, as some of you know,
 I have been working on changing up my bedroom
 (for obvious reasons).
I'm making it into a crafting space bedroom combo.
Little by little it has been morphing.

I'm currently stuck on the main window.
It has brown blinds that will stay put,
(should I ever need the window completely covered)
but in the pulled up position.

This window faces the backyard
and will be the area where I will be crafting.

Here's the way it originally looked


A few things have moved/changed.....


I found this old screen door in the barn and fell in love with it.
I knew this is where I had always wanted to put it.
Unfortunately there is a large crack in this side of the window.
It's a double pain so replacement can wait,
 but in the meantime I'd like it and those memories covered.

I have moved a long table under the window for my work table.


I didn't particularly like it alone.
I have already decided what to do with the right side
so that's not an issue.

I've tried it with tall shutters....


and short shutters.


Didn't particularly care for the shutters :(
So then I thought of lace.
I grabbed an ecru panel and threw it over the back of the door.


I like it.
I plan to trim it to fit then tack it to the back of the screen door.
My boggle is whether to leave the screen on or take it off.

I like the look of the rusty, holey screen with the lace in the background,
but can imagine how good it would look removed too.


So HELP!
Let me know what you think.
 It's been this way for a couple of weeks and I need to decide!

And yes, that ivy is going!
Hoping to paint over it soon!
at least after the Holidays ;)

Thanks ♥

9 comments:

  1. I think both would be good but I would vote for removing it
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the old and the rustic too. But an option to get that same color would be to dye your lace in a tea stain to get that same rusty color and replace the screen with the lace, or just drape the lace as is. But you know that whatever you decide; it is YOUR space and YOU will find the perfect solution. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with;)
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like me Deb. I think the older I get the more nervous I get about making choices. I love the rustic screen. I would be a little concerned about blocking the light when your crafting but I understand your wanting to cover the cracked window. It would be great placed on the diagonal in a corner to hang creations and inspirations on. I like the lace with it. A change makes everything feel so fresh. Oh' and I love your blog look. The header and the brown background is so pretty!

    OX's...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Cher ... great idea. Hope you had a lovely holiday celebration.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful old door. Hmm, I'm thinking I might remove it to show off the beauty of the lace. If you decided to keep the screen in, you could always use it for hanging earrings, etc. That's probably what I would do. Have fun with your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First - I like your Christmasy header - very pretty! I would try to let in as much light as I could through your window. Especially if that is going to be your new crafty space. Have fun decorating your space Deb!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it like this but the other way would be lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, I am NOT good at decorating (see my blog post on Monday, ha!) but I can say I admire you so much for making changes! I'm almost stopped in my tracks right now because I'm trying to make some decisions on what needs to be changed around here. Due to the empty nest I have an empty bedroom and hate to see it all devoted to storage when it could be a crafty room, like yours!

    I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, I love your screen but I think I would remove it or replace it. Screening is quite reasonable at your local hardware store and you can even paint or stain it. I love the lace.
    As for the ivy, replace it with the silk ivy.
    Would be stunning....play, I love that you like to play with ideas.
    BlessYourHeart and HaveABlast

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin