Welcome to my
Perfectly Imperfect Life..........

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Paint'em Pretty ~ I Played and Failed!


 I had a few extra minutes so I thought I'd "play" with some nail strips I had picked up some time ago.
I thought they were pretty and maybe I could cut them up 
to use as accents or something.

I knew if I used them as directed, like stickers instead of polish there was no way they would be able to hold up to my poor nails ~
Hey, I'm a Mom with a house to run, my hands seem to always be in either water and cleaning solution or dirt in the garden.

Yes, I know there are such things as gloves. 
But I easily get sidetracked when say going out to get the laundry off the line ~ a no gloves need chore. 
Then I see a weed, then another and then hey, 
the pond filter needs to be cleaned 
and then......and so the story goes.

These were called Nail Jeweled Strips by Sassy + Chic
20 pieces nail strips
1 piece wooden cuticle pusher
1 piece mini nail file

They had a pink feathery background with teeny silver glitter. 


I had chosen Sally Hard as Nails, 530 - ''Rockin' Hard''
Probably not the best to showcase these strips...
I was out of white and just not thinking,
so what's new!


I trimmed the nail strip to be a french tip 
and stuck it on the finger on one hand... 


and another finger on the other hand.


They lasted two days even top coated
 with Sally Hansen's Megashine.
Very frustrating when I can usually stretch 
my mani's out to 10 - 12+ days if need be.

Maybe someday I'll stick them on my bare nails
 as directed and see how long they 
don't last - all for science, of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me a comment. Helps me to know I'm not totally crazy...like my family thinks I am!
*hugs*deb

.

.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin